‘The sun always shines in Sussex’. That’s what my wife and I routinely boast to our friends. Whilst that might be a bit of an exaggeration (memories of June are still raw), it’s true that Sussex is one of the sunniest places in the UK (Eastbourne holds the sunshine record, I believe). If we are due any rays, they are likely to shine here. The balmy weather, combined with a multitude of great, outdoorsy things to do with kids, are the reasons we moved to Sussex from London. We’ve spent the last two years working our way round the area’s beaches, hills, castles and and farms – some, or all, of which could be packaged up for a brilliant, and cheap, summer mini-break en famille. Here are nine of the best places to head – and one to take cover in when it (occasionally / inevitably) rains.
Top Posts & Pages
- Welcome to The Trunki Files
- Useful websites
- The Trunki Files' guide to short-haul winter sun: Canary Islands vs Egypt!
- Bougainvillea Beach Resort, Barbados: accommodation review
- The Med as it should be (with a splash of luxury): review of Eagles Palace & Villas, Halkidiki
- Flying long-haul with kids: Virgin vs BA
- @HabitatUK and still no delivery date! Still promises of response but none given. Will I ever get my sideboard? Doe… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 years ago
- Epic fail @HabitatUK just had a call from your delivery team to tell me my third attempt at delivery is now cancell… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 years ago
- @HabitatUK really infuriated by your delivery service, first delivery on 18 Oct cancelled on day due to damaged goo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 years ago
- If you want a good old Med holiday done really well (with added luxury) you need to go here wp.me/p2wM4R-CL @EaglesPalaceHol 3 years ago
- @emmadadson st Lucia probs best for you - amazing scenery but also nice beaches; some all-incs like Morgan Bay worth a look 3 years ago
Got a question? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org